Writers of fiction, poetry, lyrics, screenplays and life stories come from diverse backgrounds. For the past three years a small group has met weekly to write together, offering criticism and support to whoever stopped by. Over 200 different people have dropped by; we learned something from each one of them. Most of the people who found us had already written for years- some even published.

If this is something that interests you, join us! We meet every Wednesday, from 9 AM - 10:30 at the Jesus Center on Park Avenue.



Thursday, December 6, 2012

Ode to my Shorts


Ode to my Shorts

By Emily G

My shorts smell like me
They are my badge, my trademark
All summer long
Omnipresent
Except when Eva borrows them.

After I take them out of the dryer
They feel stiff
They smell like laundry detergent
I have to reroll the cuffs
And get them just right.

After an hour or so
They relax into me
They shape themselves around me
Like the comforter on my bed
When I sleep.

The days go on and
These shorts take on more
Of the pictures and sounds of my life.

When they are perfectly fused
With my body
Then the washing machine beckons
And I have to start over.


No comments:

Post a Comment