Writers of fiction, poetry, lyrics, screenplays and life stories come from diverse backgrounds. For the past three years a small group has met weekly to write together, offering criticism and support to whoever stopped by. Over 200 different people have dropped by; we learned something from each one of them. Most of the people who found us had already written for years- some even published.

If this is something that interests you, join us! We meet every Wednesday, from 9 AM - 10:30 at the Jesus Center on Park Avenue.



Monday, November 12, 2012

Frozen

by Andy Hanson

I want to be real, but the truth makes me uncomfortable.
I want to be strong, but strength has its obligations.
I want to be brave, but I have nothing to defend.
I want to be loved, but love is a mystery.
I want to be attractive, but I avoid mirrors.
I want to be valued, but bragging is stupid.
I want to be popular, but everyone I know is an idiot.
I want to be understood, but words fail me.
I want to be kind, but generosity can be taken for granted.
I want to be unselfish, but nobody wants what I have.
I want to be respected, but I hang with the crowd.
I want to hope, but that’s daydreaming.
I want to be admired, but I am indecisive.
I want to know, but I am fearful of what I might find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment