Writers of fiction, poetry, lyrics, screenplays and life stories come from diverse backgrounds. For the past three years a small group has met weekly to write together, offering criticism and support to whoever stopped by. Over 200 different people have dropped by; we learned something from each one of them. Most of the people who found us had already written for years- some even published.

If this is something that interests you, join us! We meet every Wednesday, from 9 AM - 10:30 at the Jesus Center on Park Avenue.



Wednesday, October 3, 2012

To Regret the Past


by Nick B.

To regret the past and be fearful of today
is the entity of sorrow that I've chosen to convey.

I've sought comfort in nothing, got nothing in return
leaving a void and a lesson to learn.

I have presented a mask for any given task,
and I've been known to take something before I even ask.

And gazing into the mirror into my dark blue eye's,
it does not take me long to realize
that they’re not a window to my soul, but a storage for my lies.

I'm dying inside. A spiritual demise
I should have seen this coming, but it's really no surprise.
I fear I've lost the yester me in the peelings of the past,
but even then I knew that nothing good would last.

I've now done everything I said I’d never do—
always me, never you.

Learning slowly but falling fast,
I haven’t got the memo that you can't change the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment