Writers of fiction, poetry, lyrics, screenplays and life stories come from diverse backgrounds. For the past three years a small group has met weekly to write together, offering criticism and support to whoever stopped by. Over 200 different people have dropped by; we learned something from each one of them. Most of the people who found us had already written for years- some even published.

If this is something that interests you, join us! We meet every Wednesday, from 9 AM - 10:30 at the Jesus Center on Park Avenue.



Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Door

by Charlie Gage

I found a place I thought was safe,
To do some work that needed done.
A place to take myself apart,
And find out just who I'd become.

I listened to the One's who knew,
The guiding One's who've been before.
And as I looked into the glass,
I begin to open up the door.

Inside was shambles, torn and tossed,
Things were scattered on the floor.
I saw the places they had fallen,
Love and hate and even more.

I started picking up the pieces,
Looking at them one by one.
Hanging them back upon the wall,
In places they had fallen from.

I know that some are not in order,
But even so I'm in the house.
I left the doorway standing open,
So the wind blows in and out.

The wind, it brings new things to me,
And lets inside the warming sun.
Things to hang upon my walls,
To help me be my Father's son.

No comments:

Post a Comment