Writers of fiction, poetry, lyrics, screenplays and life stories come from diverse backgrounds. For the past three years a small group has met weekly to write together, offering criticism and support to whoever stopped by. Over 200 different people have dropped by; we learned something from each one of them. Most of the people who found us had already written for years- some even published.

If this is something that interests you, join us! We meet every Wednesday, from 9 AM - 10:30 at the Jesus Center on Park Avenue.



Sunday, August 24, 2014

Email to a Lesbian Friend

So, weird story:
I sometimes look at the dating ads on Craigslist and even posted one or two
Mostly I receive scams trying to get personal info and credit card #
Did meet one very nice woman from Cottonwood a couple years ago, we had lunch in Chico
Met a woman from Brazil, I don't speak Portuguese and she didn't speak English
She was very pretty
Recently a woman from Shasta County started talking, then went silent
But I read a news item and connected it to some information she shared and I realized that she had to leave California and never return (Warrants, but not for being bad herself)
A person from Chico answered me as well, told me she is well known in town and didn't want to send a picture.
I sent her the UTube up above and she loved it, said the nicest things about Dad.
So I sent my picture, nothing ever since.
But her name is on her email and I Googled her, found a Chico person with that name
And a picture.
I recognized her at once and she probably recognized me.
We don't know each other but she is at a public event each week, very well known
And very beautiful, in my opinion
We go to the same coffee bar
Before I saw her pic I said we should have coffee,
Sadly I'm not going to the public event this week
Since she did not respond to me I guess I can't say anything to her without being pushy and creepy
But it is interesting to see that there are indeed real people cruising those posts
Actually, last year I saw one of the young women that works at a local store had an ad
Alas, all the ones that slip away...

I have a fantasy involving you but don't worry
I goes that you meet a cool bisexual woman, bring her here on a visit, she and I fall in love
You drive home alone
Now you've heard that you'll never bring a girlfriend around

Peace and love,
Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment