Writers of fiction, poetry, lyrics, screenplays and life stories come from diverse backgrounds. For the past three years a small group has met weekly to write together, offering criticism and support to whoever stopped by. Over 200 different people have dropped by; we learned something from each one of them. Most of the people who found us had already written for years- some even published.

If this is something that interests you, join us! We meet every Wednesday, from 9 AM - 10:30 at the Jesus Center on Park Avenue.



Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I Feel the Music


I feel the music. My genius is free!
I’ve got talent baby, don’t you agree?

It must be an angel compassionately kind
who’s decided to grant me this wonderful time.

I’m not taking drugs now except for caffeine,
and that’s quite enough to write lyrics and sing.

If you ever had my best interest in mind
just cool it, I’m having a wonderful time.

The road to freedom becomes pretty steep;
some people survive, others die in their sleep.

Just go to your dresser, pull out my file.
Consign it to Hell; I’ve crawled my last mile.

I’d always hoped we’d part with a smile,
but you and I baby cannot reconcile.

You clouded my vision; you worried me blind.
That’s no prescription for having good times.

alex

No comments:

Post a Comment